- Reality Check- How do you encourage and honor the good, the bad and the ugly?
- Transparency- How can you make your thinking behind an idea visible and invite others to do the same?
- Redundancy- What issues keep coming up and where do voices get louder?
- Unpopular or Marginalized Perspectives- What is not being said?
- Listening Beyond Right or Wrong - If 2% of what is said is true, what would it be?
- Communication Styles- How can you create space for introverted thinkers to contribute and extroverts to pause?
- Choice- What do you need to accept, change or let go of?
Thursday, February 16, 2012
All Voices Heard?
In Team System work we invite teams to be sure "all voices are heard" to illuminate insights, challenges, needs, barriers and solutions. If team members believe that this means "my idea will be used" or "I will get what I want" they are sure to be disappointed and engagement will actually drop. So, what is this team intelligence skill getting at?