Is because we:
- Ignore or fear our own emotions?
- Enjoy zingers (humor at the expense of others)?
- Have experienced ineffective or poorly run team building events?
- Find it is easier to focus on tasks than people?
- Need a lot of personal space?
- Believe there is no place for emotions at work?
- Experience discomfort or embarrassment around people?
- Fear the reactions of others?
- Believe vulnerability is a weakness?
Make the time to explore your own thinking about human connection in the workplace and notice what beliefs, assumptions, stories or mindsets help or hinder your achievement.